If I listed one of David’s careers, it would be impressive. But David isn’t a one-career type of guy. He’s a Renaissance man who’s reinvented himself over the years. David started as a drummer then evolved into a pioneer of MIDI technology, the founder of an award-winning A/V firm Audio One.
Frangioni has also authored two books, and been the recipient of dozens of gold and platinum albums as technologist, engineer, and/or producer for hundreds of artists including the Stones, Ringo Starr, Aerosmith, Elton John, Sting, Carl Palmer, Journey, Styx, KISS, Phil Collins, Shakira, Ozzy Osbourne, and more.
David embodies the spirit of someone who can create something from nothing, repeatedly. The good news? So can you.
In this podcast you’ll hear David Frangioni talk about:
- Starting playing drums at 2 years old
- All the different hats he wears in technology, music production and the music industry
- His various expertise and how they inform each other
- How he landed his first big gig that led to working with Aerosmith
- His advice for people who don’t have great business skills
- His thoughts on having a day job while pursuing your dreams
- How to start projects, avoid analysis paralysis and keep moving forward
- CRASH, his book on drumset photography and how it connects to his philanthropic efforts
- Using technology and the internet to stay organized and save time
- Much more