David Frangioni is an award-winning veteran of the music industry, with expertise ranging from being a drummer and producer himself, to an audio consultant, technologist, integrator and recording engineer. He started in the industry early, playing live at 12 years old, where he was focused on drumming with bands in Boston. He found the future of drumming in technology, starting his career first with a consulting business at age 16, which helped to make his connection with Aerosmith, where he was their in-house engineer/technologist for 13 years and continued working on their singles, albums, tours and even the theme song for the Spider-Man animated television series with Joe Perry along with much more starting in 1989.
Throughout his career, he has worked with industry icons such as Head Monster Noel Lee (Monster Products) and hundreds of artists including the Stones, Ringo Starr, Elton John, Sting, Bryan Adams, Journey, Styx, Phil Collins, Shakira, Rascal Flatts, Ozzy Osbourne, and Chick Corea. He is a recipient of many gold and platinum albums as technical consultant, engineer, and/or programmer.
David’s involvement in the music and audio industry branches from his involvement in AV facility design with Audio One, Frangioni Media including his books Icon and Crash, the Frangioni Foundation, and All Access IDA.
David Frangioni, award-winning audio engineer and consultant as the owner of Audio One who’s worked with Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne and a long list of rock stars joins Enterprise Radio.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest David Frangioni discuss the following:
- You started out as a drummer but then got into technology, can you tell us about that?
- In the beginning, how did you establish your expertise to get noticed by celebrity rock stars? How did you differentiate yourself as an audio technologist?
- How did you make the move from music and studio technology, over to designing home theater systems?
- How did you establish Audio One as a premier technology company?
- You designed studios and home technology systems for your clients, what’s unique about your approach that they come to you for both?
- You’ve extended your audio and drumming expertise beyond the studio and into authoring, how does your unique experience make your book “Crash” unique